Benefits of power yoga
Many yoga postures can be suitable for different individuals who belong to different physique, age, ethnicity and genders. You may be a teen, a middle-aged mom, a bodybuilder, athlete, granny or a “not so flexible” guy. You can easily learn and practise yoga.
Yoga helps in revitalizing your mind and body. Therefore, I recommend everyone to practise yoga on a regular basis. It is not always necessary that you should do it for hours, even a twenty minutes work can be good enough.
Yoga encourages overall health and wellness
Yoga is not like regular exercise, it is a way of living and ensures your physical and mental wellbeing. Yoga allows an individual to keep his mind still during crucial and hectic situations. It keeps your mind peaceful and calm and helps you focus on the task allotted to you.
Strength training and flexibility
Yoga is a process that focuses on the flexibility as well as strength of your body and mind. Yoga not only makes you look good but it also allows you to feel good. The posture was specially designed for this purpose. It is the best way for strengthening your body from within
How does power yoga build muscle?
If you have a good knowledge of yoga, it is advised to try out power yoga that is adapted from Ashtanga yoga.
I have also been practicing power yoga for the past 3 years. Therefore, here are some of the top advantages of using power yoga.
- It improves your hamstrings, calves, lutes and quads by lengthening and tightening them
- After Power Yoga, your spine is better by lats and other back muscles.
- Various exercises that includes deep breathing in holding postures can improve your physical stamina and mental fitness.
- Power yoga also improves your posture and appearance.
- It boosts your strength, flexibility and endurance.
- When a person regularly uses his own body as a resistance, arm and shoulder strength multiplies.
- Your core muscles strengthen up improving your oblique’s and abdominals.
- This type of yoga is very effective in stretching your Hip flexors and rebuilding them.
Please feel free to comment if this post was useful to you. I would be more than happy to read your thoughts.